HPNF Chapter Education Grant
HPNF promotes hospice and palliative nursing at the local level through Chapter Education Grants. Each year, HPNF awards up to two grants to HPNA Chartered Chapters for up to $1,500 each. The purpose of the grant is to:
- Benefit current chapter members through education
- Actively engage the community members outside of the chapter membership
- Increase chapter membership during and beyond the grant timeline
Priorities will be given to those who present a well-developed budget and are factoring in evidence-based education as part of their grant initiatives. The grants are competitive and winners are selected by a review committee consisting of HPNA members.
Provide an essay (minimum 500 words) that addresses the following points:
- Describe your project, including what the goal is and how you will know when you've met your goal.
- What are the methods, procedures, techniques, and timeline for achieving each step?
- What are the measures utilized to evaluate the project; surveys, observations, case studies, focus groups/interviews, and the qualitative or quantitative outcomes that each of those measures will produce?
- How will the project benefit the entire chapter and how will the project findings continue to benefit the entire chapter beyond the grant?
- How is the project expected to expand membership within the grant time frame?
- How will the project continue to expand membership beyond the grant?
- A detailed line item budget and expenditure information (vendors, etc.).
- A detailed explanation of where additional funds have been secured regarding monies beyond $1,500.
- All costs associated with your project; rentals, marketing, fees, food, etc.